No one likes to imagine finding themselves being taken into custody. If you do happen to find yourself on the wrong side of the law, be sure to keep the following things in mind:
- Don’t try to run from law enforcement. Not only is this a horrible idea, it will also guarantee you’ll be charged with some additional crimes once you’re captured, including but not limited to, police evasion. If you know you’re about to be arrested it’s best to stay put and cooperate.
- Don’t run your mouth. Arguing with the arresting officers is a great way to take a bad situation and make it worse. Calling them names and/or putting up a fight willnot do you any good. It should also be mentioned that you won’t be able to talk your way out of a set of handcuffs. You’ll also want to keep in mind that anything you say can and will be held against you once you go to court.
- Cooperate with the jailers. When you get to the jail you’ll need to be booked and processed before you’ll be allowed to post bail bonds. (Keeping VEGAS BAIL on speed dial is best) When the jailer asks you to provide basic information, such as your name, date of birth, address, etc. you’ll want to provide that. You are not required to discuss the details of your case with investigators. If they do begin to question you, you have the right to ask to have an attorney to be present.
- Don’t discuss your case with anyone. You never know who is listening or if another inmate will try to trade information about your case in exchange for a lighter sentence.
- Call a bail bonds company as soon as you can. At some point you’ll have access to a phone. When you are able to make outbound calls you’ll want to contact whoever it is that will help you get out of Jail, usually a friend or loved one you trust. That is the fastest way. People often think that calling the Bail Bonds first is best. In some cases if you are self made or well established then you can Bail yourself out. But if you call a Baill bonds they will just try to call a friend or loved one to help you out and that could take longer then you calling them. The bondsman can help you understand how bail works and what will need to be done to in order to get you out of jail fast.
- Its always good to have a Bail Bonds and Attorney phone number at hand.